Weesgerus Holiday Resort (Modimolle/Nylstroom)
Founded in 1980, Weesgerus Holiday Resort provides visitors with a homely bushveld experience. Situated in the breathtaking Waterberg area, the resort offers excellent facilities and well-known hospitality.
Surrounded by spectacular natural scenery, and around 50 species of birds and several antelope species, Weesgerus provides visitors with a prime opportunity to relax in the stunning environment and friendly atmosphere.
The accommodation provided by Weesgerus Holiday Resort includes well equipped camp and caravan sites, guestrooms, 2-, 4-, and 6-bed chalets and a guesthouse.
The chalets are well equipped with all the necessary crockery, cutlery, linen, and a television set. Each chalet also has it's own private braai area.
Weesgerus is a prime holiday destination in the Modimolle (Nylstroom), Limpopo region. The resort was founded in the early 1980's, formed from a concept by the South African Police's Council for Widows and Orphans Fund as an inexpensive holiday destination for members of the South African Police Force.
Weesgerus offers guests various accommodation options to choose from. Chalets are equiped with crockery, cutlery, linen and a television set. Each chalet also has its own private braai area. The chalets are accessible to physically challenged guests.
- Two bed chalets with open plan layout, consisting of a combination
bedroom/living area, kitchentte and a full bathroom
- Four bed chalets with a bedroom, two built in beds, seperate bathroom and open-plan kitchen
- Six bed chalets consisting of a kitchen, two bedrooms, sitting room, full bathroom, and two built in beds
- 155 Modern Caravan Stands with electricity
- A Guest Room complex with six rooms, consisting of two beds with private shower, toilet, basin and television. The rooms share a kitchen and dining room, patio and braai facilities.
- Guest house with four en-suite rooms and reception area and facilities
Weesgerus features the following facilities:
- Conferencing facilities
- Day visitors with dedicated day visitor area (bookings need to be made in advance)
- Dam Lapa
- Five swimming pools
- Sporting facilities, including miniature golf, tennis, volleybal and jukskei
- Hiking Trail
We have visited Weesgerus quite a few times already, and every time we were very happy with the offerings and impressed by the friendly and helpful staff.
Weesgerus is one of the few holiday resorts that boasts five swimming pools! We enjoyed all of them, three outdoor (lukewarm pool for children, hot and cold for experienced swimmers), and the two heated indoor pools. The super tube was also a highlight!
Weesgerus has a 3km hiking trail, which we enjoyed immensely. The best way to start the morning we found was to take a quick hike to experience the bush waking up, surrounded by the lovely sounds of the many birds in the trees. The hike is not physically strenuous at all, and young and old can enjoy it.
Weesgerus really has everything that we needed to take a break away from the hustle and bustle of daily city life.
Entertainment, restaurant, a bar, swimming pools, put-put, super tube, hiking... It all leads to a very relaxing bushveld breakaway.