Overview of Montecasino
The beautiful Tuscan style Monte Casino is located in Fourways, in the North of Johannesburg, and is known as Gauteng's number one entertainment destination. Montecasino have been voted Best Casino, Best Entertainment Complex, Best Cinema Complex, and Best Place to take Out-of-towners respectively. Montecasino have also received many prestigious awards and accolades.
Montecasino opened its doors on 30 November 2000, and expanded in May 2007 with the addition of the open air Piazza and Teatro. The Monte Casino Piazza is just slightly smaller than a rugby field, and modeled on a typical Italian piazza. The Piazza features several restaurants where visitors can dine al fresco, and enjoy the mesmerizing musical fountain displays. The Montecasino Piazza also features the "Teatro at Montecasino", the Sun Square hotel, and the Montecasino Ballroom.
But, Montecasino is about so much more than just the casino and the Piazza. There is something for everyone, to be enjoyed by young and old alike.
Montecasino Facilities and Features
- The Casino features slots, table games, a poker suite and 14 cashier stations
- Several restaurants, bars, and coffee shops
- A comedy club and a Nightclub
- The food court has various fast food outlets
- Two theatres - the Teatro at Montecasino, and the Pieter Toerien Theatre
- A 15 cinema complex operated by Nu metro
- Full Computicket outlet
- An array of dazzling shops
- Three hotels - Southern Sun Hotel, Sun Square Hotel, and the Palazzo Hotel
- Conference and events facilities
- ATMs and foreign exchange
- Security, Gun Safe, undercover and open air parking, as well as a Lost & Found
- A variety of birds, mammals and reptiles in the Montecasino Bird Gardens
- Enough toilet facilities
Review of Montecasino
I don't fancy myself that much of a big gambler, but when visiting Montecasino, I usually do take some time out to try my hand and see if Lady Luck is smiling at me. Sadly, she rarely does. :( I found that I am much luckier at the Carousel...
In any event, there are really too much to do at Montecasino to feel depressed for too long over losing some money. With the vast array of restaurants and shops, one can easily spend a whole day just walking around and enjoying the sights.
And what a sight it is! Montecasino is styled in an Italian Tuscan theme, and it is executed quite effectively. Different parts of the complex even has different "times", with a starry sky overhead, and a blue clouded sky in others.
You really get lost in time here, and hours can pass without you realizing it. It is a surprise to many when they leave Montecasino, and find that it is already dark outside! I guess most casino complexes do have that effect on people...
So, at the end of the day, Montecasino deserves their awards. It is family fun at its best, with enough to keep every member of the family happy and busy for hours on end.